Living in Michigan, we know that inclement weather or power outage can sometimes make it necessary to cancel school in order to ensure the safety of our students. The district always strives to make decisions affecting the school schedule as soon as possible.
In general, the following timelines will apply when possible:
- Any decision to cancel may be made by 5:15 a.m. if conditions warrant.
- If an early release is necessary, the decision would be made by 10 a.m.
Alert notifications will follow any decision, beginning with the website and social media, followed by a robo calls and emails.
When bad weather strikes, there are a number of ways you can learn about cancellations in the Romulus Community School District.
Official district sources
To provide you with the most accurate, up-to-date information, we always recommend checking with official district resources first cancellation information:
- District families and staff will receive a robo call or email to the information we have on file. Your information must be kept up to date with the school.
- The homepage of our website (www.romulus.net) will be updated with delay or cancellation information.
- The district Facebook and Twitter accounts will be updated with the latest information..
In addition to the official district sources, the following media sources are notified of cancellation information:
- WJR Radio stations
- WXYZ-TV (ABC, Channel 7)
- WDIV-TV (NBC, Channel 4)
- WJBK-TV (Fox, Channel, 2)